If you want to become a paid speaker then you need to work on yourself and come up with a personal brand. It’s important to develop a unique style which connects with people. You should be able to provide some value to your audience and for that, you need to do a lot of research. Today we are going to discuss some of the things which will help you in becoming a paid speaker.
10 Ways To Help You Become A Paid Speaker
- Solve the problem. One of the best things about being a speaker is that you can go on stage and share a thrilling story about you jumping from a plane and making a parachute on the way down. The story would be cool and amazing but your audience is here to be inspired and taught. Therefore, you need to build your stories around solving a problem. Your stories must have a lesson which might be useful to your audience.
- Tell a story. Most people go on stage and start teaching people how they should live their life. But that isn’t very helpful for people can’t connect with you and they are going to forget what you are saying. Therefore, you should tell a personal story as an example so that people can relate to you. This will allow the audience to better understand you.
- Have some one-liners ready. Nowadays people are continuously using their phones while listening to a speaker. They are often looking for something cool from your talk to post on their social media handles. This is a great opportunity for you to grab their attention by offering them some amazing one-liners. Most of them will tweet it and you will get considerable media exposure as well.
- Offer some laugh lines. People tend to react better when you share your story with a tone of humor. It shows how strong you are how you look at things in a positive way. People will love your talk if they have smiled their way through it. So, you should keep your laugh lines ready and use them at the right moments.
- Make yours a visually appealing presentation. Your presentation should be eye-catching and well made. Your audience shouldn’t have to struggle with reading it. Your presentation isn’t worth much if your audience finds it uninteresting and they don’t want to look at it.
- Create a website. Having a website dedicated to you is very important for your branding. It will make you seem authentic and people will find it convenient to find all the required information about you in one place.
- Have a video. More people would like to come to your talks if they know that you have something amazing to offer. You can address this by hiring someone to record your talks and upload them on social media platforms. It will help in your branding and help you land more gigs.
- Get testimonials. If at the end of your talk, people come to praise you in person then you are doing something right. You should use this opportunity to ask them for writing testimonials on your website and social media platforms.
- Have a clear ending. There’s nothing more awkward than a slow clap because the audience doesn’t know if the speaker is finished or just pausing. Don’t have an end slide that says “Thank you!” Have a strong, clear ending that motivates every person to stand up and clap.
- Create your speaker fee. You should first look around and figure out what other speakers are charging. Once you get an idea, you should charge a reasonable and comparable fee. As you keep gaining popularity feel free to raise your fee because you have earned more credibility and people will now feel comfortable paying you more.
These are just a few of the ways that can help you become a paid speaker but they are not the only ways. It seems like there are new innovations and opportunities popping up every day. Don’t be afraid to try something new. You never know, you might have the next great idea!